This is the butterfly that stayed. It is not, however, the butterfly that caught my eye as I was washing dishes. Two beautiful Monarchs were flitting around the flowers as I stood looking out the window in our kitchen. I stopped what I was doing and quickly went to grab my camera. I changed out the 85mm prime for a 24-240mm telephoto and was hoping to get a shot of at least one of the Monarch butterflies. They were gone. I waited, but they never returned. Instead, I got a decent shot of this Fiery Skipper.
Since I didn’t slap on a lens with a Macro Extension, I wanted to pull out as much detail as possible. I knew that would require a bit of work. First, I ran the RAW images first through DXO PureRAW for demosaicing, denoising, and lens defect correction. I then brought them into Adobe Camera RAW to double their size using the new Enhance AI features. Once those two steps were done, I finished the images off in Adobe Lightroom. The final step for me is always to resize and sharpen for display in Adobe Photoshop. So, the image you see here is the result of four different software applications after the capture.
I highly recommend Artmill.com for photo printing!
EXIF Data Below Applies Only To The Featured Photo In This Post