With a new camera comes some testing. I’m still using the APS-C lenses from my Sony a6000, which means I’m only hitting 1/2 the available pixels in the new sensor. Ultimately these tests may mean nothing. New lenses are required to get the full 42 megapixels available in the Sony a7r ii.
That said, I decided to try running a new first step on my HDR photos – processing the raw photos using the standard DXO OpticsPro 10 settings and exporting to DNG, then exporting again to 16-bit tiff from Adobe Lightroom before running through Photomatix Pro 5. It’s a much longer process, but I think I like the results. As I’m writing this the process is running in the background on the entire set of photos I took on Thanksgiving morning at Vasquez Rocks. I want to compare the two processes. The photos here are a result of that process. We’ll see if I still like it once the lenses are upgraded.
100% OF PROFITS FROM PHOTO SALES ARE DONATED TO YOUTH TRACK & FIELD PROGRAMS!
EXIF Data Below Applies Only To The Featured Photo In This Post