Skyfire, located inside The Photographer’s Ephemeris, indicated a 90% chance of a brilliant sunrise yesterday morning. So I made plans the night before to get myself to a location in plenty of time to enjoy. It, however, ended up being the other 10% kind of morning. The Santa Clarita horizon was obscured by an unusually thick early morning fog.

I came home and found myself needing a photo fix. So I slapped on the 10x diopter and headed outside. There is a kind of joy that comes from intensely focusing on details that is hard to describe. I suppose it’s a bit like meditation, removing anything else from your brain, except the moment. It’s calming. I hope the photo results have the same impact.


Many of the photos found on this site and more may be purchased here:
I highly recommend for photo printing!

EXIF Data Below Applies Only To The Featured Photo In This Post

  • Aperture: ƒ/2
  • Camera: ILCE-7RM2
  • Taken: 5 February, 2017
  • Exposure bias: -7/10EV
  • Flash fired: no
  • Focal length: 28mm
  • ISO: 100
  • Shutter speed: 1/800s
  • One Comment

    1. Pingback: That Gloomy Morning | In The Viewfinder

    Leave a Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *